Arizona Association for Lifelong Learning’s 2015 Spring Conference
Register now for the opportunity to join your colleagues on May, 5th at Biosphere 2 near Tucson and Oracle, Arizona as together we explore how to bring valuable science and career curriculum into our classes. “Career and college ready”, “contextualization”: these will no longer just be buzz words as you experience what lessons can be in your classroom and leave with ideas that you can use.
This full day conference will begin with a common learning lesson on basic concepts that span lessons, and then break into separate learning strands inspired by Biosphere 2 topics where participants will be guided by Biosphere 2 trainers in parallel learning paths. Experience the lessons as students and as teachers as you discuss with fellow English language, math and language arts teachers the relevance of what you experience and the applicability of it to our classes and students.
- Use skills we have discussed in prior conferences such as questioning and hands-on activities to explore the range of reading/writing, math, and language acquisition
- Exercise your inquiry method across the disciplines
- Participate in content strands inspired by Biosphere 2 themes in life science, physical science and earth/space science.
- Discuss classroom lesson plans to use around your conference track topic.
- Share your findings with conference attendees and form local groups to support your future endeavors.